Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Cook as a Healer

A while back I had a vision of a different world in which crystals and herbs were acceptable methods of
healing.
I have been feeling really bad and my usual sinus infection managed to take over my entire body. I was puzzled by this as we usually have a truce going but I was getting unbelievably weak. I asked for some help from whatever guides were around or my subconscious depending on how you want to look at things.
What I heard was the statement that the highest calling of a cook was that of a healer. Meals are meant to heal. That is why the breaking of bread with guests was such an important symbolic gesture. That is why gathering the whole family around the dinner table is so important to the family.
I set out to make some vegetable soup like I always do, but as I tried to gather my ingredients, I couldn't find the zucchini so I decided, insanely, to substitute a winter butternut squash. I bought a carton of sliced organic carrots, an onion, and a bitter melon. The bitter melon was for my diabetes. It has no effect on blood sugar, by-the-way.
I decided to try stir frying the bitter melon with some onion and those little sweet peppers that come in yellow, orange and red. It took over 15 minutes to cook and the melon still was tough as leather. It didn't cover the flavor, nor did liberal amounts of catchup, and the whole mess went into a baggie while I waited to make my soup.
A few days later I felt the time was right for the soup and the carrots and squash went into the slow cooker with two cans of organic tomatoes and one can of tomato sauce (I never add tomato sauce to my soup), some celery, an onion, a can of okra, corn and tomatoes, two baby Bok Choys, a dozen of those little multicolored peppers chopped into rings and the baggie of stir fried bitter melon, peppers and tomato.
I let it cook and surprisingly, I woke up at exactly 13 hours of stewing on low and got a bowl. All these ingredients did not eliminate the bitter twang of the bitter melon but it was now palatable after one spoonful. Spoonful two and it was tasting better. Suddenly, I had eaten the whole bowl. Even George ate a bowl full.
Then something very odd happened. Both of us were more awake than we had been in weeks. The world was clearer. We had energy, real energy! The effect lasted over 24 hours. I am really feeling a lot better and I have a few jars of this soup left.
My guides or whatever, said that the reason I became so sick with my sinus infection this time was something had torn a hole in my aura and I was leaking life force like mad. This constantly weakened me. Aside from an auric/chakra patch that I have yet to make, the soup was to stop the flow of life force from leaving me from the inside out. The patch will work on the outside, like a huge medicated bandage except it doesn't have to be placed over the hole, just on the body. It has to consist of 5 appropriately colored minerals joined together with copper wire. That is why I have been practicing my wire wrapping so religiously. The bigger the stone, the easier to wrap but the devil is in doing smaller rounder stones. Now if I could figure out to make a flexible, resin bandage like holder for the string of minerals so they could touch the skin, it would be perfect.

Try making the soup and see if it helps restore your energy levels. It sure worked on George and I, and neither of us had any idea what to expect. He just thought he was eating a weird new recipe I had concocted.   

No comments:

Post a Comment